Privacy & Social Media Policy
Who we are
At killorglin.ie we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our website visitors. Killorglin.ie fully respects your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with us. Any information which you send on to us will be treated with the highest standard of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the data protection law.
We may share or disclose personal data when conducting advertising campaigns, market research or analysis with trusted third parties.
We do not sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies and businesses.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Click here to delete your cookies
Further information about our cookies can be found here.
If you sign up for our newsletter your contact information will be used to send you our latest news. We use mailchimp.com which is fully GDPR compliant. You can read their own security policies here.
Links to other websites
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
Killorglin.ie may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from October 2019.
Social Media Policy
At killorglin.ie we welcome comments and interactions on our social networks. Information published to our social media accounts consists of a variety of content including links to press releases, event information updates and images.
However, please note that:
- Any offensive or inappropriate comments/content will be removed without warning.
- Any messages or posts that are of an inappropriate nature, defamatory, being a nuisance, clogging our feed or is offensive, for example, a rude remark, use bad language, including negative comments, will be blocked.
- We monitor all our social media profiles on a regular basis and endeavour to respond to any comments or queries from users within 48 to 72 hours where applicable.
- Please note retweets, likes or shares are not an endorsement; if we retweet, like or share content, it’s because we feel it is of some interest to our users/followers.
- If you follow / like us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, we won’t automatically follow you back. Being followed does not imply any form of endorsement by killorglin.ie.
- Where possible we will join in on a conversation, however, we may not be able to reply individually to all the messages or posts we receive.
- We may be unable to reply to message or posts straight away and we accept no responsibility for lack of engagement.
- killorglin.ie is not responsible for the content of any external websites and no endorsement of any events, products or services contained on them is implied.
- killorglin.ie and our social networks are nonpartisan and have no bias towards certain business views, we accept no responsibility for lack of engagement on these conversations.
Please see Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for their own community guidelines, rules, terms of service and policies.