A new future for the Killorglin Courthouse is in the pipeline
Kerry County Council plans to conserve, renovate, and adapt the Courthouse Building in Killorglin for community use.
The documentation is available at kerrycoco.ie/public-consultations/ includes plans, elevations, sections, a conservation report, and screening reports for Appropriate Impact Assessment (EIA). Assessment (AA) and Environment.
Killorglin Courthouse is a Protected Structure RPS-KY-0596 (RPS-KY-056-026 Previous Development Plan reference) in the Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028. The proposed works will include the following:
- Demolition of the existing single-storey lean-to roof structure to the west elevation which contains a non-original ground floor WC.
- Construction of a single-storey extension incorporating an entrance porch
- Upgrade and conservation of the existing building and external two-storey storage structure
- Revisions to the internal layout with partial demolition of existing internal elements
- Upgrade of mechanical, electrical, fire and associated services
- Upgrade and conservation of site elements and boundary treatments
- All associated site works
Have your say
The plans and details of the upcoming construction project will be available for inspection during regular office hours from September 20th, 2023 to November 1st, 2023 at the specified locations:
- Kerry County Council, Killorglin Area Office, Library Place, Iveragh Road, Killorglin.
- Kerry County Council, Roads and Transportation, Room 115, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Your submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development may be made in writing, clearly marked Part 8 – Conservation, renovation and adaptation of the Court House Building at Killorglin and sent to the Administrative Officer, Capital Development Unit, Kerry County Council, Unit 20/21, Reeks Gateway, Killarney, Co. Kerry or by emailing email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of submission is 4.00 pm on Wednesday, November 1st 2023.